Visitors:

Saturday, August 25, 2007

MaxieC and I Mowed the Lawn

We had nice weather today. It was sunny and warm for HannahC's belated birthday party. They did arts'n'crafts and spent a lot of time in the hot tub. At one point, there were seven kids in the hot tub. Two of them kept fighting with each other.

My two.

The others, even the ones who were siblings, all got along great.

Later, after dinner, I was snoozing on the loveseat in the fambly room while MaxieC was watching a DVD. Suddenly, I got smacked in the face by a book. MaxieC wanted to read.

No wait, he wanted to play upstairs.

No wait, he wanted to read a different book.

No wait, he wanted to go downstairs.

No wait, he wanted to watch the DVD.

No wait.

"MaxieC, how about we go outside and mow the lawn? You can drive."

"Oh, right Daah. I'm gonna drive. Rrrrrrrr!"

So we went outside to mow the lawn. We went to the back yard first, as it's easier for MaxieC to drive back there where it's a lot more open and expansive.

The lawn was quite long. Last week, I got to thinking how Rico had told me that he always mows his lawn on the highest setting, and I said to myself, "Self, maybe you should try mowing the lawn on a higher setting on account of the grass growing so fast." I use height five out of seven normally, with seven being the highest. So I mowed the lawn last week at setting six.

This week, the whole time I kept thinking, "Rico is a moron." The grass grew faster, given its larger surface area, and it looked like hell in just six days.

On top of that, the mower kept bogging down. 20 HP would seem like plenty to mow a lawn, but I could only move about 3mph without sputtering.

I was OK, though, cuz MaxieC isn't all that great a driver, and going less than half speed makes it easier for him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Driving always makes MaxieC very tired. When I looked out he was sideways. When I took him in, he yelled, "No, I'm not tired of mowing the lawn." I replied, "I know, but you are tired of being awake." "Oh - ok, Mom."

Anonymous said...

this is a great story.
It's why I keep coming back.
:)