Visitors:

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

An Extra-Boring Post

Today I heard thunder. I don't know if it rained because I was at work, and I would have had to stand up to look over my cubical wall to see out the windows that are about 25 feet away. And I didn't look cuz it wasn't anywhere near time to go home, so it did not matter if it was raining outside.

I didn't not even matter that there was such a thing as outside.

I had to work.

I met a new guy a work today that I had conversed with a bit on email, and I decided it would be easier to talk to him in person than to try to go back and forth a bunch via email. So I walked over to his cube. We chatted a little bit, and he asked me, "So, can we work with you on this, or do we have to work with [this other guy]?"

I said, "I should be able to give you all the help you need."

Then he said, "Good, cuz if we had to work with [the other guy], I was going to say, 'No. We're too busy to help.'"

I guess in person, I am very charming. Despite not having coffee or my muse.

I had someone in my office a couple times today for a total of two hours. She wanted to discuss the methods used to compute reliability of certain components and whether the follow-on project to mine is doing it differently from the way I do it, and which way is right, etc. At the end of it all, I think she may have decided that the whole field is so f'd up with warring factions that she should find a different part of the design to work on.

I actually said this to her, "Yeah. That's how I ended up with this job. See, I hate everything about equally, so I just take the jobs no one else wants. So I ended up in [this field] I hate, but everyone's always looking for someone in [this field] on account of how horrible it is to work in, so at least it's a little job security."

It's hard to blog while sitting at the bar staring at my muse. I cannot touch her, though. Not until Thursday.

It will be a happy Fat Camp.

MaxieC and I played air hockey today. He told me we had to play "gently and quietly", so we played in slow motion. Nobody scored. I was boring as all hell, but better than work.

Someone drank all the Diet Cokes from my bar and filled up my bar fridge with Sprite Zero instead. I am not at all happy about this. Jack will be angry later this week, too. I imagine there's time to fix this if the person who did it is reading. You might want to drop her a line on the matter just in case she isn't.

Our deck passed inspection today, though The Mrs. had to beg the inspector to sign off cuz there was a violation of 1/8" on one step.

HannahC wants me to go cut up an apple for her. Joy.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't beg. It was no sweat off mine if we passed or failed. I merely pointed out all that would have to be torn up and redone to satisfy the 1/8" extra overhang requirement. I also asked, "Why does the overhang need to be that length?" I think that's what did the trick.

Anonymous said...

The Sprite isn't my fault, either, and I don't let HannahC read your blog, so looks like you're SOL, Cowboy.

Anonymous said...

slow motion air hockey?
Now there's something I've never heard of.