Visitors:

Sunday, October 21, 2007

It snowed today

Just like they said it would. It snowed for maybe two hours. A wet, sloppy, big-flaked snow of the kind that happens when it's just above freezing. It didn't really stick to the ground.

When I came downstairs, The Mrs. had The Childrens all bundled up in their winter jackets and mittens and boots. One of them asked me if I wanted to go out to play in the snow, and I replied, "I don't have any clothes on." I was still in my camouflage jammies.

So they all went outside, and I went upstairs to change. I changed into my bathing suit, grabbed a towel, and headed for the hot tub.

Note to self - next time wear shoes. The deck was very cold, as it had about 1/4" of slush accumulated on it.

Shortly thereafter, there were four people in the hot tub. Apparently, with this kind of snow, the best way to play in it is from the hot tub.

We lost 4 degrees in water temperature over the course of about a half hour. Snow landing in water cools it off quickly, it would seem. That was always the case with the ponds last winter, too. The only time they would freeze would be during a snowstorm.

I probably need to dig out the pond heaters and hook them up pretty soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was in the 70's here!