Visitors:

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Now, Just One Minute

You don't get to tag a person who has already been tagged at one of his other blogs. Just because someone has two or three blogs doesn't mean he has to respond to the tag two or three times.

But, in the spirit of Christmas, here are a couple bonus little-known facts about Me, CherkyB.
  1. The story of how I proposed to The Mrs. is one of those stories that never gets told except after midnight if people are buying me drinks. Lots of drinks. I'm not sure The Mrs. has actually ever told anyone the real story, other then perhaps her mother, who is the person in the family known for having at least a modicum of a sense of humor. We haven't yet gotten together to agree on an official lie about how it actually happened, but we need to before The Childrens start asking. Not a day goes by the The Mrs. doesn't wish that I wasn't by far the best she could do.
  2. For my part, I think the proposal was perhaps the best flash of comedic brilliance I have ever had. And, like a true artist, I paid for it with my life.
  3. I have difficulty processing language. In any conversation, I understand only about 2/3 of the words spoken. The rest I kinda fill in. But I fill them in assuming you're a stupid, but clever, ass, so I find what you're saying to be quite amusing. If you're ever talking to me, and I seem to be finding you funny, it's probably because what I'm pretending you said is a lot funnier than what you actually said. I crack myself up all the time. I've had my hearing checked, and it comes out fine. Maybe if you cut to the chase?
  4. As a child, my choices of instruments to play were, in this order: drums, guitar, and saxophone. As a reward for such ambition, I was given a clarinet. I still think I would have made a fabulous drummer. Hell, I love to drink. And beat the shit out of stuff.
  5. In Ft. TomCollins, there are at least three barmaids who knows what I drink. However, none of them know my name. In San Schmose, only one barmaid knew what I drank, but she knew my name and the names of all my friends. I'm actually much happier if they just know what I drink.
Should I go tag myself at the other blog, now?

3 comments:

ellie said...

I never heard the story either. Sister said she would cherish it her whole life. All I remember is that it was the day before valentine's (I think).

Anonymous said...

The day after.

Anonymous said...

Well do tell all!